Last Sunday I was asked to substitute in primary---and boy am I glad I did. Our humble Bishop gave an excellent sharing time on prayer. He taught the children the important things a prayer should include and helped them to learn these "ingredients." At the end of the sharing time he told all of the children that he wanted to have a prayer with them. Pretty soon, gathered around our Bishop, were all the sweet children in junior primary. They all knelt and got ready for the prayer. Our Bishop looked at those beautiful faces and began to cry. He told the children about how Jesus gathered the children around Him and then He wept. Our Bishop said "now I know how Jesus felt." Following Jesus' example our Bishop wept and then he gave a beautiful prayer in which he blessed these young children. Among many things, the Bishop asked Heavenly Father to protect them from the adversary and to help them walk uprightly. When the prayer was over, many of the children lingered closely to him and hugged him. I am sure they could feel of his spirit and knew of his love for them. What a neat experience for these children and what an insightful Bishop.
Sunday, September 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
That definitely sounds like our amazing bishop!
Oh my goodness what a neat thing for the Kids to experience!
How awesome! I'm sure those little kids will remember that forever!
That really was such a special sharing time. I'm also glad I was able to be there and be apart of it!
That is so neat. I wish I could've witnessed that. Did he do that with the senior kids too?
We have the greatest Bishop ever. Thanks for sharing this great story for those of us who don't have callings in there to witness such great events.
Post a Comment