Thursday, August 7, 2008

Kids Say the Darndest Things

Olivia: Mom does Heavenly Father love everybody
Me: Yes He does
Olivia: If He does then why didn't He make EVERYBODY brown?




Olivia: Mom look at that lady---she is going to have a baby
Me: Cool
Olivia: She is so lucky
Me: Yep, she is. You sure do want another baby in our house don't you.
Olivia: Yes---mom you should grow one in your tummy
Me: Oh sweetie remember mommy can't grow babies in my tummy
Olivia: You CAN'T!!!!
Me: No remember mommy told you that you and Cosette grew in another ladies tummy but that she couldn't take care of you so she asked me to be your mommy.
Olivia: Cool
Me: So you didn't grow in my tummy but you grew in my heart.
Olivia: And mom your breasts are big enough for your heart to love me FOREVER!

6 comments:

sacramentostakeclerk said...

Olivia is one of a kind. You couldn't make this stuff up! So, so very funny.

Marta said...

How sweet that little conversation is, I met Cosette, she did great in nursery until someone else had a melt-down. I am glad to know your heart has plenty of room...;0)
LOL Marta

Lisa said...

Are you serious??? I love it! That Olivia is one cute crack up!

Amber said...

Hilarious! I bet a part of you would love to freeze her at this age...

erin said...

Hi Sheri, LOL I couldn't let this one go! You have got one super smart, funny, and sweet little girl! I am so glad you posted that conversation because it made my day!!

Melissa said...

Sheri,

Congratulations on adoption day!!!!! Cosette, congratulations on making it through the process and on your beautiful forever family.

Love,
Melissa