Please forgive me if I have had too many posts regarding Cosette and her adoption. It is difficult to explain the feeling of uneasiness and incompleteness that comes with foster care and adoption. When everything falls into place and they are finally yours, all of those feeling melt away and are replaced with great happiness! It has been beyond my ability to stop talking about it---thank you for allowing me to do so.
Memories of this perfect day:
*being in the Idaho Falls Temple---a temple that has great sentimental value to me. It is where we were married and Olivia was also sealed to us here. In fact, all of my important temple work took place here.
*being surrounded by my family. This was the start of a week long family reunion and what a great way to begin!
*Being waited on hand and foot by the temple workers and escorts. I felt like a new bride all over again.
*sitting underneath a beautiful picture of Christ who is surrounded by children--- and all the while holding hands with my sweet eternal companion
*Seeing my girls dressed all in white. I was overcome with emotion as I looked at those two sweet girls. They looked so angelic and perfect. How was I ever lucky enough to be entrusted with them?
*Olivia having the unique and very rare opportunity to hold Cosette up to the altar. Usually the siblings are invited as witnesses only---but because she was dressed all in white and because the women temple workers left the room, the sealer asked Olivia if she would like to do it. What a special treat!
*being filled with the happiness that comes when we are in the right place doing the right thing. This happiness will be forever etched in my heart.
Thanks again to all of you for your thoughts and prayers and for sharing in our joy and excitement.

12 comments:
I really don't think there's any such thing as talking about that kind of happiness TOO much. So talk on!
Yeah, I totally agree with Melissa. I give you permission to talk about this as much as you want. It is an incredible blessing.
That is so awesome! I am so happy for you and your eternal family. You definetly deserve to be entrusted with wonderful children!
I understand completly! And I am so so happy for you!
It will go down in the days to remember book forever! Keith still talks about our oun special day with Scott and it was 61/2 years ago!
Sheri, I'm so happy for you! What a wonderful day for your family. Can't wait to catch up more!!
I have been waiting for this post!! We all love hearing about this Sheri, and love sharing in the excitement and happiness you feel. I am soooo happy you get those cute girls forever.
I can relate to your family a lot! What a special time for you guys, thanks for sharing it!
What a sweet, wonderful, perfect day for your family. How blessed you are to have those darling girls! And how lucky they are to have you and Robert as their eternal parents. You inspire me. Please never hesitate to share your stories. I love reading your blog!
Sheri,
What a wonderful, amazing day. Your words describe so well the feelings that I can relate to during some of the most happy moments of my life. What an amazing moment and memory. Congratulations - she is sealed to you! I can't wait to talk to you!
Love,
Melissa
Shari,
My sentiments are much the same as the previous commenters. You can NEVER talk too much about the blessings of eternal families. Your post really touched me. My younger two sisters are adopted...they rounded out the five children to seven, and the rest of us five were able to wear white, and my older sister and I held them up to the altar. I was sixteen and I will never, ever forget that experience. It makes me appreciate eternal families so much more when I can think about moments like that, where we all dressed in white and looked on into the eternities. Not many young families get that opportunity. Congratulations on your special day. Your family is beautiful.
You have a wonderful family. We are so blessed to have known you before and after kids. You have been richly blessed and it has been wonderful to see your family develop and your dreams come true.
I am so, so, SO very happy for you and Robert! Just another testament to the power of prayer. How richly you have been blessed! Congratulations to all of you! :)
Post a Comment