Friday, April 25, 2008

I LOVE YOU


About 6 months ago, Olivia became interested in sign language. The first sign I taught her was I Love You. She loves signing this to me as we say goodbye at preschool, primary and other places. Sometimes I will be working around the house and she will call for me. I will look up at her and she will quietly show me the I love you sign. It has become quite endearing to me and I love the places and the circumstances she chooses to use the sign. It always warms my heart, but none more than the other night. I was singing "If the Savior Stood Beside Me" as she lay in bed. She asked me what the song meant and as part of my explanation I told her that Jesus is always watching over us. Her eyes opened in amazement and then made the I love you sign with both hands, lifted her hands up to the sky and said "I love you Jesus." I guess it is times like these that make the bad days worth it!!

5 comments:

Nicole said...

That is so sweet. I love how her mind works.

Lisa said...

That is beyond PRECIOUS!!!

Anne said...

You have the best mom stories. I loved that! Olivia is one special girl!!!

Jared & Larisa said...

Adorable - love that Olivia :)

Newman Family said...

okay, new post already. I keep checking and you haven't posted for a while. teehee. It was great talking to you the other night.
Love Ya
Meg