Wednesday, March 26, 2008

EASTER 2008

We had a wonderful Easter this year. Saturday we took the girls to a local egg hunt and then came home and dyed our own eggs. Sunday morning was great --- I love church at 1:00 on days like this! The girls had fun playing with the bubbles and playdoh that they received and then jumped into the bathtub to try out their new swimming suits. Olivia was excited to wear her new dress and had fun spinning and twirling in it. After church we had a delicious dinner of ham, real IDAHO potatoes, corn and salad, with strawberry shortcake for dessert. At dinner Olivia said let's all cheer that mommy didn't have any meetings today! I have to admit it was nice. The rest of the evening was spent enduring the sugar high and playing Princess Monopoly. That night as Robert tucked Olivia into bed she proceeded to tell him about how Jesus was resurrected-----thank goodness for primary teachers!!!




























6 comments:

Newman Family said...

So cute! Love the Easter swim suits. This is also a tradition in my house. Every year the kids get flip flops and swim suits to help start off the warm weather. I actually did stop by on Saturday.... I didn't call because I didn't know how much time I would have. I was there for only such a short time:( I really only had time to see family, and Melissa. I stopped by her house for only a minute on Saturday too. I was on my way to my sisters for Ellee's Birthday and egg dying. We left on Saturday night and didn't get home until midnight, so we could see Mark sing in Sacrament meeting early Sunday Morning.
I need more pictures. All the fun Holiday's have passed so I know there are some cute ones for me.
Miss you guys too.
Meg

Anne said...

Your girls are so cute! We, too, enjoyed a day sans meetings. Joy! I love your pics and commentary... your blog is great!!

Melissa said...

What beautiful girls! I love the swim party in the tub. Why wait another month or two until it's warm enough? You have to wear new things right away, right! It looks like you had such a great day.

Nicole said...

It's a good thing that my girls didn't see the swimming in the tub, they would then realize that I am such a lame mom! They have been begging me to run through the sprinklers and I keep telling them they have to wait until May. I used to let them swim in the bathtub, but somehow I have forgotten about fun things like that as they have gotten bigger. I will have to let them do that again.

Lisa said...

Your girls are sooooo adorable. I love the swimsuit easter idea. I will have to remember that for next year.

First Child said...

Cute comments from Olivia. The girls looked so cut for easter it's nice having little girls for easter. Little boys are not so fun to dress on easter so we had to resort to bunny costumes I send photos.

Lisa and Brian