Tuesday, October 21, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Today is my 42nd birthday---man that is OLD!!! Even though 42 is old--I will gladly take it!!!


About a week before Robert and I got married, my cardiologist called and said he would like to visit with Robert and I. At the appointment he said to Robert : "Sheri has a very unique heart condition. When open heart surgery was performed on her at the age of 5 we prayed she would live through it, (I think they told my parents I had about a 20% chance of surviving) we hoped for the miracle of a 10 year old, dreamed of 15 years, tried to imagine her living until she was 20, but never in our wildest dreams did we think she would live to be 27!"


That appointment was 15 years ago and I am still amazing the doctors! I know that I am on borrowed time and so that is why I look forward to getting older---each day and each year is a gift. I just hope that I am doing good things with the extra time that Heavenly Father has given me.


So I am grateful to be old----here's hoping for another 42!!!

8 comments:

Lisa said...

Sheri!!! Happy Birthday. This post gave me chills. Your family and all of us are so lucky to know you and witness your miraculous life. I think we should go eat cake..... :)

The Bohne's said...

Happy Birthday Sheri! Hope your day is fantastic and that you have many more to come! You definitely deserve it! I think you are an amazing person and feel grateful to say I've known you FOREVER!

RufflesAndFringe said...

Happy Birthday Sheri! That is so amazing! Hope that you have a fabulous day.

The Gray Gang said...

Happy Birthday Sheri!!! You were My coolest babysitter EVER!!!

Kara said...

Hope you had a happy birthday! (you should have canceled piano so you could have enjoyed yourself!)

Melissa said...

Happy Birthday, Sheri! What a wonderful post. You're an amazing woman and I am so glad to know you. I love our conversations.

Jared & Larisa said...

Wow, I had no idea ... about the heart condition, the surgery and how you're a walking miracle. You are incredible!

Janis said...

What a great post. I knew you had a heart condition, but I didn't know the details. I hope the Lord blesses you to see how cute your grandchildren will be!

You are adored by all! I'm glad you had a great birthday.